covid-19: health and prevention of illness
The health and well-being of our members and guests have always been of the utmost importance. As we navigate the challenges of COVID-19, we continually follow state and local guidelines to continue our commitment to cleanliness and the safety of the community. Please check out our specific protocols for the following:
All staff and members who are eligible are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated. Staff who are not fully vaccinated must submit weekly COVID-19 PCR test results.
Masks required indoors at the JCC ages 3+. In the JCC ECC program, masks are required indoors for students in preschool and pre-K rooms. (Beginning September 9)
If you experience any one of the following symptoms, quarantine and get tested. Do not come back to the JCC until you receive a negative test and your symptoms have subsided.
- Fever of 100.4 or above
- New loss of taste or smell
- New onset and persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
If you experience any two of the following symptoms, quarantine and get tested. Do not come back to the JCC until you receive a negative test and your symptoms have subsided.
- Fever or Chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Congestion or runny nose
- Sore Throat
- Nausea or Vomiting
Anyone who is not vaccinated and lives with someone who is exhibiting symptoms should quarantine until the test results are confirmed.
MEMBER + GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT
The J requests all staff, members and guests carefully follow these guidelines to help keep the facilities and the entire community as safe and healthy as possible:
- Respect personal space by keeping a safe distance of at least six feet between yourself and others
- Everyone over the age of three must wear a face mask when inside the building, except for when in the shower or in the pool (Beginning September 9)
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or sanitize hands using the stations located throughout the facility and at entrances upon entering or after contact with others and surfaces/equipment
- Follow designated signage for entrance and exit of areas throughout the facility
- If you are running a temperature, exhibiting flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19, or generally not feeling well, please stay home and utilize our Virtual J resources