- This event has passed.
Lifeguard Blended Learning Class
September 16, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - September 18, 2022 @ 6:00 pm$140 – $210
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16 • 4–6 PM
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 • 8 AM–6 PM
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 • 8 AM–6 PM
Learn to save a life, both in and out of the water. This course covers in-water, lifesaving skills as well as CPR/AED, and First Aid for adults, children and infants. A swimming pre-test and photo ID are required on the first day. Participants should wear comfortable clothing, bring a swim suit and towel each day, and provide their own snacks and water bottle. THIS IS A BLENDED LEARNING CLASS AND PARTICIPANTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLETING AN ONLINE PORTION BEFORE COMING TO CLASS.
• Must pass in-water pre-test to continue course. Please contact Dan Lanoue at [email protected] to schedule
your pre-test prior to the start of class.
SKILL 1: Swim 300 yards continuously using front crawl or breaststroke and demonstrate breath control and rotary
breathing. Swimming on side or back is not allowed. Goggles may be used for this portion.
SKILL 2: Tread water for 2 mins using legs only. Hands must be placed in armpits.
SKILL 3: Complete timed 1 min 40 sec event. Goggles not allowed for this portion.
– Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using any stroke.
– Surface dive to a depth of 7–10 ft, retrieve a 10 lb object, then return to surface.
– Swim to the starting point on your back with both hands on the object, using your legs to kick. Face should be at
or near the surface.
– Exit water without using the ladder, then stand up.
• Must be age 15 by last last day of class.
• Must bring driver’s license or photo ID for proof of age and name on the first day of class.
• Must attend all classes.
$210 • $140 MEMBER VALUE PRICE
CLICK HERE to register.
For questions, please contact Dan Lanoue at [email protected].